Diagnostics services for international customers in UTULab
governed by the Departments of Medical Microbiology and Virology, University of Turku, Finland
Y-lab offers a wide range of highly qualified laboratory diagnostic services for international customers including:
- testing of bacterial and viral antibodies in human serum samples
- detection of bacterial and viral antigens in human samples
- detection and sequencing of bacterial and viral nucleic acids by modern methods
- detection of autoantibodies in human serum in the diagnostics of systemic and organ specific autoimmune diseases
- measurement of complement function (classical, mannose binding lectin and alternative pathway) and individual complement components (C1-C9 and properdin) in human serum in the diagnostics of immune deficiencies and autoimmune diseases
- measurement of in vivo complement activation in human EDTA-plasma samples (C3+C3d, C4+C4d, FactorB+Bb, SC5-C9 complex) in the follow-up of disease activity in systemic autoimmune diseases and other immune complex diseases or during treatment of patients with monoclonal antibodies or other biological drugs (e.g. Phase 1 and phase 2 studies of drug development)
-human HLA genotyping
Our bacterial tests include among others pertussis, tetanus, diphtheria, borrelia, helicobacter, salmonella and yersinia serology.
Our viral tests include MMR and hepatitis serology, respiratory virus (e.g. influenza A and B viruses) antigen detection and rapid detection of viruses in cell culture by immunoperoxidase staining with monoclonal antibodies.
The laboratory service is based on the long lasting (more than 40 years) research and diagnostic experience in medical microbiology and virology. We carry out our assays in accordance with the Guideline for Good Clinical Practice (GCP). The Finnish Centre for Metrology and Accreditation has accredited the laboratory.
Our customers during last years have been among others international drug and vaccine companies.
More information is available through email by contacting the following persons:
Bacterial tests: Erkki Eerola, MD, PhD, Docent in Clinical Microbiology
Autoimmune and complement tests: Arno Hänninen, MD, PhD, Docent in Clinical Microbiology
Viral tests: Tytti Vuorinen, MD, PhD, Docent in Virology.