Dip., B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc., Ph.D.
He graduated with a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Resource Economics in 1995 at University of Agriculture Malaysia. He completed his Master of Science in Transport Planning in 1997 at University of Technology Malaysia. Right after his Masters degree, he proceeded to a Doctoral Degree in the field of Transport Engineering at University Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor and graduated in the year 2002. In addition he also hold a Diploma in Traffic Safety from Lund University, Sweden in 2007. At present, he is attached with the Department of Community Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UPM as a Senior Lecturer. He has been working in the field of traffic safety for the past 15 years.
He is on a one month staff attachment under the MAHEVA ERAMUS MUNDUS ACTION 2 PROGRAMME attached with the Department of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, University of Turku from 5th Oct – 5th Nov 2011. He has outlined five goals for his one month attachment and they are:
- To further enhance the field of health promotion in terms of teaching and research.
- To obtain exposure in the field of injury prevention for unintentional (traffic, falls, burns, poison and drowning) injuries involving children.
- To venture into new area of interest on suicide and violence prevention.
- To facilitate networking on collaboration between both University staffs in the area of developing joint research proposals for bidding research grants, joint supervision of undergraduate and postgraduates studies and embarking on a multi country study projects in future.
- To support and continue the existing relationship and networking via the future MAHEVA programs and in specifically the exchange of students and staff between both Universities.
His one month attachment here is a starting point for a greater networking and relationship between both universities of University of Turku, Finland and University Putra Malaysia.